Before I started as a summer marketing intern at Celerity, I didn't really know what it meant to build a website or be a digital consulting firm. Now, I know it takes alot of people, time and talent to create the web spaces we use every day.
In three months, I learned how to effectively manage a company's public presence; and beyond that, I learned a vast amount about the technology industry.
Here are a few of the little and big things I learned during my digital marketing internship:
- What "coding" is
- How UX and UI can improve a website
- It's harder to get an article published on Wikipedia than I thought!
- Images generate more engagement across all social networks
- Companies are moving towards "Lovable Imperfection"
- Canva.com is a really useful design tool for novices
- Content is king! Writing good content is the first step to doing most anything in Marketing. If the content isn't great, no amount of formatting will help.
- Posting social media quips at night and in the morning during the work week leads to increased impressions and engagement
I learned this summer that, when I push myself, I can achieve more than I ever thought. I truly enjoyed working with such a close-knit marketing team.
How was your summer internship?